Sunday, August 6, 2017

Explorer of the Seas - Day 3 - Juneau

Our Morning View
Welcome to Alaska




We got up, got ready and went upstairs to the Windjammer for Breakfast. It was so crowded that I left John there and went back to our cabin with my coffee. He said he didn't mind and it was just so busy that I would rather enjoy the balcony for my morning coffee. 

We all met for lunch in the dining room at 11am...well some straggled in but eventually we were all there. See my photos on Facebook for the delicious Crab Cake Benedict we all had. It was fabulous. 

Now we regrouped and met at our cabin to disembark and head to the Roberts Mountain Tramway, our excursion for the day. There are stunning views of the area from the tram and the area up on Roberts Mountain. The Tram attendant said it is the 6th sunny day they have had this season! They get 100 inches of snow in the winter and 90 inches of rain in the summer. It certainly explains why it is so lush and green here! We strolled around and saw various things up there. There is a bald eagle to see, I guess it was injured and has this large pen as a home now. There was a native Tlingit man carving a totem pole, the nature center, gift shop, restaurant, and other displays to see. We had a cold drink at the Timberline Bar and Grill and shared crab nachos, which were marvelous. Steven & Saira stayed on a while with us but then we headed down the mountain as well. They joined the other kids at the Red Dog Saloon and we came back to the ship. John took a nice nap and I worked on this blog and my photos. 
Our ship from Mount Roberts

The kids all made it back to dinner at 6p. Another gastronomical delight. Tonight I had rack of lamb, but I forgot to take a photo of it. The other hit of the evening was seafood ceviche. After dinner everyone went their separate ways but managed to filter back to our balcony cabin to experience sail away. So much fun today and this beautiful moon at 9:45p tonight! I believe there is just about 7 hours of mostly dark sky tonight. 

This was 9p

The Radiance of the Seas left port just before we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment