Friday, August 11, 2017

Heading Home

I didn't sleep very well last night, always concerned I will not be on time or hear my alarm. Anyway, we were all at our appointed place by 8:40a to disembark. At 8:50a I asked the staff about our number, he said he already announced it. None of us heard it - but off we go. It is like a herd of cattle but it went smoothly. I called the Seattle Shuttle each time I was supposed to. However, we still had a long wait for their arrival. I suppose it really didn't matter since our flight is not until 3:30p but standing around "waiting" is never amusing. We got to the airport so early we could not check our luggage. There is a rule about no sooner than 4 hours before your flight. Even though we were just 20 minutes before that - no exceptions. So, we wait again. Eventually that was all taken care of and we breezed through security to search for a lunch spot. I was happy to eventually find Anthony's, where John and I have eaten in the past. We all ate our lunch there and lingered a bit so we have less time to wait for our flight back home. 
Salsa & Shrimp

Finally we are in the air. No views of the beautiful mountains today as there is still some smoke present. We did have a fantastic view of Lake Tahoe on the way home though. We approached a taxi at the airport to take us home but apparently our trip was not far enough to benefit them, so even without using Script they were not interested. As it turned out Deb and Sam have their vehicle at the airport so they took us home, along with Jeff and Kathleen. 

It's always good to be home again, safe and sound, thank you LORD for another safe journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment