Friday, August 4, 2017

Explorer of The Seas - Day 1

The first day of our cruise has arrived! We were scheduled to leave Fresno Airport 6:05a but we actually left at 6:30a. They could not get the jetway to move from the side of the plane. Regardless, with the tailwind we still arrived in Seattle Airport at 8:18a. We had a shuttle scheduled to take us to Pike Market Place. Even though I called as directed when we landed, we ended up waiting an hour for them. That was a little disappointing. There was a lot of traffic but we arrived safely to the Pike Place Market. First on our agenda was FOOD as we are all hungry. Most of us didn't eat breakfast. We just happen to find Cafe Campagne where we were all delighted with our choices. I had the best crab quiche I have ever tasted. After that we walked around the market, we even got to see them tossing the fish, which is such a popular attraction at this Fish Market. After that the kids went on to other things, I think Old Stove Brewery John and I walked around looking in shops. We got tired and found an outside table at Place Pigalle to have a cold drink before heading back for our shuttle to the ship. 

We scheduled a 1:30p pick up and we were waiting about 10 minutes after that so I called. They then told me I was to call them again for the pick up. That was not what they told me, Sam verified he heard it the way I did. At any rate they arrived and we were to the port in about 15 minutes or less. 

Boarding was incredibly fast due to our 2p arrival time. No sooner did we get on and get settled, it was Muster time. Shortly thereafter we set sail. I was disappointed the Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were not in our room until AFTER Muster. But it worked out that the kids came over and enjoyed it on our balcony!


Dinner was delightful but the service was pretty slow. I can expect it to be slower with 8 people but 2.5 hours is too long. Hopefully it was just the first night back up and future meals will be a bit faster. We almost gave up on dessert arriving but it finally came. I think we all had big plans for after dinner but in reality we went to bed and fell asleep almost immediately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment