Saturday, April 13, 2019

Arles, Day 8

Saturday, April 13: We were in Arles today.  The Day begin with the walking tour it's quite windy and that makes it little bit cold. There are festivities in town due to Easter next week and the city is very crowded. There is an Amusement park set up near the river, so we walked by that on the day tour. There was also a street market. I'm not sure if that is always going on or if it is a Saturday market. Either way, it seemed much more crowded then went John and I were here before. We saw several interesting sites, all which John and I saw in 2009. After the formal tour of the city Vernae, Cheryl, and I went on to the street market. At the market I found some nice olives and a tea towel. The food smelled delicious but I didn't get anything. I decided to go back to the ship because I was tired and chilly. I was pretty sure of the way but it was a long walk I'm not sure if I went out of my way or what. Sadly, I found out my flight was cancelled and I'm trying to figure that out which is not easy without having the internet how. My phone service has been very unreliable as well. 
Medieval Wall (the last portion)
 Hospital Where Van Gogh stayed
 Paella at Market

In the afternoon the tour was to Pont du Gard, where I have been 3 times so I stayed back and rested. It did me good. We had another lovely dinner tonight. We got to Avignon after dark but we did see the broken bridge, then moored back up the river a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment