Sunday, April 14, 2019

Avignon, Day 9

Sunday, April 14: We arrived in Avignon last night after dark. This morning's tour began with our first stop at the broken bridge. I sat at the bottom of the stairway and waited for them to return. I wanted to leave the group early on but I was not able to communicate that in time. After the bridge stop I was able to speak with the guide and break away from the tour. They are going to the Pope's Palace and I have been there twice. 
Avignon

I was unable to find the shop I wanted, it is closed. I am so disappointed. But there were other shops and I did find a few things I liked. I met up with Cheryl and Vernae who also left the group. We browsed some shops but then I did something to my leg. I thought it was my knee but it was my leg and I could barely put weight on that leg. Cheryl wanted to help but there was nothing she could do. I went to a cafe and ate lunch, then had them call a cab to take me back to the ship. I just don't know what I did. 

Tonight is the fancy Captain's Dinner so I did make it to that, using the lift and not the few stairs. I went back to the room after eating. I am using ice, etc. Disappointing issue. I am still working on my flight home. I didn't take many photos since I had such trouble walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment