Friday, April 12, 2019

Tournon to Viviers, Day 7

Friday, April 12: We woke up in Torunon but departed at 8:30a and cruised to Le Pouzin for our day tour to Ardeche Gorges. After lunch we headed out. It was a long drive but the scenery was lovely and the destination was worth it. I am tired tonight so I cannot recall all the details but it was a lovely area. We drove past the place they found the cave art some years ago. No one is allowed to enter now but they have a replica somewhere. Our final stop before returning to the ship was a lavender farm. There were a lot of nice things but I will hold out for Arles or Avignon. I had a small taste of lavender liqueur. 

Gorges de l'Ardèche
 Lavender Farm

Tonight we had a special and limited dinner on the Lido deck. It was quite nice with four courses plus wine. Sirloin and fish were the options, I had the fish.

 Lido Dinner

Tonight we went through the deepest lock in Europe, 26 meters deep. We are cruising to Arles now. I am not sure what I will do tomorrow. John and I explored the city in 2009, we had such a great time. I might just go on my own to look for a few things for my kitchen. Maybe Cheryl will attend the "orientation talk" and have information for me and I will go from there. My knees and hips are a bit sore but they got a rest today. I also need to figure out what I am going to do about my train trip back to Charles de Gaule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment