Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Marseille, Day 11

Tuesday, April 16: Travel home day for Cheryl, just travel toward Paris for me. Our Taxi dropped her off at the airport and took me on to the train station in Marseille. The train station office was not open when I got there. Cheryl's flights took off on time and all went as expected. When the office opened I got my ticket. It was a very long walk to my coach but I finally got there and got my luggage stored. The trip was uneventful but really crowded with people who seemed to not care about anyone but themselves, pushing, shoving, big bags pushed here and there. I was glad to get off the train. 

After getting off the train I got to a place in the airport where I could use their Wi-Fi and called the number for Air Tahiti Nui to inquire about a hotel room for the night. That phone call took quite some time but finally they secured me a room at the Courtyard near CDG. I decided I better get some breakfast/lunch since I don't know what the hotel situation will be. After that I asked a couple places and finally figured out where to get the shuttle. It was a 10 minute ride to the hotel but when I got there, they didn't seem to have a reservation for me. After a bit they decided they could do it and gave me a room. I also got a lunch, dinner, and breakfast voucher with my stay. I decided to buy a bottle of wine as it was about the same as 2 glasses. I was so disappointed - it was not tasty at all and I didn't even drink a half glass. I found some various TV programs that were familiar, even though they were in French. I had a restful night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment