Monday, April 15, 2019

Avignon to Marseille, Day 10

Monday, April 15: We have the morning, my leg is slightly better, and Cheryl and I took a cab into Avignon to shop. I was grateful she wanted to do this with me as I am still unsteady. We did shopping and had an unimpressive lunch at a cafe. We went on to the cafe where I ate yesterday for dessert. After that they called a taxi for us and it was back to the ship. 


Our transfer was due at 2p and I had a message that  he would be 15 minutes early so we headed out. Unfortunately, I received another message after that but we were away from Wi-Fi and no service. The message noted the change in vehicle. So we waited and waited. Finally Cheryl went back to the ship to call the transfer person, yes, they were there just a bit away. We were on our way to Marseille in no time. 

I do have my new flight but I will spend another day near CDG airport. I still don't have confirmation as to where that  will be but I will call when I get phone service. I also found out the train station is about 30 minutes away, so we have arranged a taxi for that as well. 

Arriving at the hotel there was simple and very close to the airport. The desk person was nice and helpful, but the cleaning crew were everywhere and we had to jostle our way around them. The room is clean and adequate, but that's all. Only 1 bath towel each, no hand towel. The bed was comfy though. We put in for a 4a wake up call that never came. Thankfully, we set two alarms for ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment